Let’s be real, nutrition is one of the more difficult changes our [[companyame1]] members undergo, but it’s also the most rewarding. What to eat in general has become more confusing and more ridiculous as new diets and crazes are regularly emerging.
Diets don’t work. Why? Because most diets focus on cutting back on something, like calories, carbs, or fat. Not only is this unhealthy, but also unrealistic. Our bodies are machines that need to be fueled the correct way to work properly. Limiting vital nutrients is harmful to both your physical and mental health. In addition, research found that only 1% of people who diet solo actually drop their excess weight, and more often, gain it all back and sometimes more.
Good nutrition is an important part of our program. Since our very first 10-week challenge in 2001, Farrell's has had the same approach when it comes to nutrition—keeping it uncomplicated! It’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle change in food choices.
How we eat, what we eat, and the “ingredients” added to our food have significantly changed over the years. We show our members how to make healthy choices and give them the tools and resources to meet their goals.
So, what makes Farrell's nutrition program different?
- Food is fuel. This is the most important aspect of our nutrition program. Many people use food as an escape, a friend, or an indulgence. While it’s nice to splurge every once in a while, it’s become the norm in our society creating an epidemic of obesity. Our members are taught that food is fuel for our bodies and should be treated in that way. Nothing more.
- We don’t count calories! Whew! Finally, a nutrition program that doesn’t keep track of calories! We don’t concentrate on calories because many foods have empty calories. Also, a food may be higher in calories, but have a better fiber content and carb/protein ratio, which is more important than the calories.
- The right formula. We follow a specific approach to determine your carb/protein ratio for each meal based on your body composition. This specifies how many carbs and how much protein you should be eating to fuel your body until your next meal or snack, enabling your body to stay in “burn mode” instead of “store mode.” We also teach about good and bad fat. We need to include good fat in our diets as it provides needed nutrients and vitamins we can’t get elsewhere.
- Eat less, but more often! Over the course of three hours after we eat, food is released into our blood stream—known as blood sugar or your glycemic index. If too much fuel is taken in, our bodies go into “store mode” turning leftover sugars into fat. Too little and we start to starve our muscles. Our members consume smaller, proportioned meals every three hours to replenish the tank, so to speak, to keep their body in “burn mode.”
- Fun Day. This is what makes our nutrition program sensible. Farrell's Fun Day is one day during the week (usually Sunday) where our members can celebrate their week’s successes. This is when they have those indulgences. You can eat what and how much you want on your Fun Day, as long as you put in your Level 10 during the week with your workouts and nutrition plan!
- Water. Our bodies are mostly composed of water, so drinking adequate water is essential to our overall health. Water keeps our body and muscles hydrated, as well as helps relieve muscle aches. Our members aim to drink at least 10 glasses of water each day. Drinking a glass of water before eating will help make you feel full faster, allowing you to keep portions in check.
So, you could spend a lot of money on fad diets, special meals that keep track of points, tracking calories or removing every favorite food from your meals.
Or for a fraction of the cost of a diet plan alone, you could sign up for Farrell's next 10-week session and discover how to live a healthy lifestyle and eat regular, good-tasting food! You’ll learn how to eat healthy and participate in intense workouts that burn fat, build muscle, and boost your confidence and energy.
Find a location to get more information about our comprehensive program and to join! You won’t believe how much you can transform in as little as 10 weeks with Farrell’s.
FYI—You can eat bread daily with the Farrell's program too!